This is an exciting role for an enthusiastic, meticulous and personable individual working in aninnovative and influential school.
As Senior Programme Officer, you will be integral to the Partnerships Team, designing, marketingand managing events which showcase the school and spread our work with the wider education, business and local communities. Additionally, you will be responsible for spotting and coordinating efforts to secure funding for our innovation, and writing effective funding bids.
Working within a small and busy team, you will be comfortable using your initiative and excited about working with a wide variety of stakeholders from school students to secretaries of state. You will be a skilled and persuasive writer, and take a meticulous approach to managing your time and projects.
You will show excellent attention to detail, especially when managing relationships with people and coordinating multiple events. With your excellent organisational skills, you will be good at preparing for every eventuality, whilst at the same time being flexible and adaptable when faced with change. You will be adept at juggling competing priorities and understanding the needs and motivations of the diverse range of individuals and organisations engaged in our work. A confident and persuasive communicator, you will write fundraising applications and publicity
materials, and promote our work across social media and through other channels. As an ambassador for School 21, you will represent the organisation at meetings and events. School 21 is committed to the professional and personal growth and development of all our staff.
The successful candidate will receive the training and guidance to be able to get to grips with all the tasks associated with this role.
● Event planning and management (including delivering sessions)
● Working with the Director of Partnerships to create compelling written propositions to fund
and launch new projects and programmes
● Liaising with multiple stakeholders and coordinating their involvement with the school
● Writing reports based on information collected from project evaluations and research
● Administrative duties, including diary management and data entry as required
● Gathering regular stakeholder feedback to help promote continuous improvement
● Monitoring and reporting on project milestones
● Ensuring that interactions and activity with partners are recorded appropriately using our
contact relationship management software
Skills, experiences and competencies
● Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish effective working relations with
internal and external colleagues and stakeholders
● Strong written and verbal communication
● Meticulous attention to detail
● Good IT skills and a willingness to develop these
● Outstanding organisation, prioritising and planning skills
● Ability to work on your own initiative
● Ability to work under pressure and to work to deadlines as required
● Ability to assimilate information quickly and to think logically
● Reacts positively and promptly to changing situations and requirements
● A natural and confident networker who seeks and establishes impactful relationships which
will grow the school community
● Experience of coordinating multiple tasks, projects and events with a variety of stakeholders
● Interest in the education sector and issues surrounding social mobility
You will love this job if…
● You want to be part of a growing force for innovation in education
● You enjoy working with committed people in a fun and purposeful environment
● You have exceptional attention to detail, and are an organised person
● You enjoy writing, especially to make a compelling argument
● You enjoy developing new relationships
● You are passionate about education and creating opportunities for young people
● You like people and people like you!