School 21 is a pioneering 4 to 18 school in Stratford, East London that is developing a rich curriculum and a range of exciting pedagogies. This is an exciting opportunity to be able to contribute to the strategic direction of the School and be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team. We are seeking resourceful and committed individuals with the appropriate attitude, skills and experience to join the Leadership Team in the role of Deputy Headteacher.
School 21 is a very special and different kind of place to work in. All of us are striving to become pioneers (rethinking key aspects of education practice), multipliers (growing others and building teams), craftspeople (who think deeply about their practice) and people with integrity and humanity (driven by a strong sense of values and purpose). This is what we are looking for in new members of staff. We empower staff to find their voice and their creativity. We offer collaboration and learning across ages and subjects. We believe strongly in developing the full potential of all staff.
Our Leadership structure is changing for the new academic year. The new structure will build on the emphasis of students learning through unique, age-appropriate experiences as they move through their 4 to 18 journey. Each phase of the school will be led by an Assistant Headteacher. The Deputy Headteachers will work strategically across the 4 to 18 school, with overarching care and guidance of the students and adults in 2-3 phases of the school.
1. Phases 1 and 2 will enable strong foundation and a love for learning for our students
2. Phases 3 and 4 will enable the development of passions and increasing independence and to ensure a strong transition into phase 5.
3. Phases 5 and 6 will start at Year 10, an age when students are ready for more independence, empowerment and to ensure a curriculum built around authentic choice. Students in this age range will be given more autonomy and expectations for empowered professionalism.
This is a great opportunity to be a key part of shaping the next decade for School 21.
The successful candidate will:
● Be passionate about wrestling with the big ideas of education
● Understand and be enriched by the school’s context and wants to work closely with our families and the community
● Be a leader who empowers others to achieve great things by being part of a genuinely developmental organisation
● Be an experienced leader who can think strategically and creatively
● Be passionate about the value of all-through education
● Have a record of leading successful school level change and have significant experience either in student welfare or curriculum leadership
For more information please do read the candidate information pack, or e-mail Sarah Franklin at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this role, please complete the online form for this role, which can be found in the careers area of both the School 21 and Big Education websites. Closing date for applications: 8.00am on Monday 16 May 2022
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive for certain roles, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date if we have received applications that reach the criteria, and to appoint prior to the deadline date. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
School 21 is an equal opportunities employer and particularly welcomes applications from BAME communities, especially those that reflect the make-up of the local community. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.