This is an exciting and important role in one of the most pioneering schools in the country. The role will sit on the school’s senior leadership team. Working across the school from ages 4 to 18 your job will be to think strategically about how we ensure every child from whatever starting point gets the best possible education. You will oversee provision for:
- Special needs students.
- Pupil premium students.
- High starters so they are stretched in every phase of their education.
- Other cohorts who may need stretch or support.
You will build our excellent team of pupil achievement coaches (our equivalent of TAs) into a high functioning team working with the core leadership teams of our four small schools: Primary (R-Year 4), Middle (Years 5 to 8), Secondary (Years 9-11) and Sixth Form (Years 11-12). The role also encompasses oversight of our empowerment programmes for parents and students. This includes early help provision, mentoring and counselling.
The successful candidate will be:
- An outstanding teacher.
- Strategic and analytical when assessing and developing provision.
- Skilled at building high functioning teams.
- Skilled at the deployment and growing of a team of pupil achievement coaches.
- Meticulous at ensuring rigorous implementation of plans.
We offer successful candidates an extraordinary group of staff to work with who are all engaged in new practice and are open to new thinking. You will be supported and coached to develop your leadership strengths and you will be immersed in our ground breaking approach to professional development.
School 21 has established a strong track record - an outstanding ofsted, excellent GCSE results and a growing reputation, for example being the first and only international case study chosen by US educators, Edutopia https://www.edutopia.org/school/school-21.