We are looking for an excellent Spanish teacher who is passionate about their subject, ready to join a vibrant department, and keen to develop their practice in a dynamic and innovative teaching environment. School 21 is an all-through school and your role will provide you with the opportunity to teach across the full spectrum of age groups, from Year 4 through to our new sixth form.
School 21 is a very special and different kind of place to work in. We empower staff to find their voice and their creativity. We offer collaboration and learning across ages and subjects. All staff have a tailored programme of professional development which results in great outcomes for the students. We offer multiple routes to progression through subjects and pedagogies. We believe strongly in developing the full potential of all staff.
We believe that Spanish should be taught entirely in Spanish in order to provide an immersive experience: with students learning by seeing, speaking, doing and acting. Our Spanish department are expert practitioners in the use of teaching techniques that borrow from the expressive arts, using story-telling, songs, performance, and discussion as powerful learning tools.
As a member of the School 21 community you will be trained in and develop a range of pedagogies including oracy-rich learning, project based learning, coaching, advanced literacy techniques and using technology effectively in the classroom. All teachers will also be expected to be a coach to about 13 students, developing their professionalism, well-being and confidence. Our oracy curriculum teacher toolkit and our collaboration with Cambridge University has resulted in a school filled
with purposeful talk and thinking.
The successful candidate will be:
• An excellent teacher and subject specialist
• Skilled at fostering independent, student-led learning
• A creative and deep thinker about pedagogy
• Innovative in using new technology to enhance learning
• A collaborative planner, able to work across subject disciplines
• Interested in developing the growth of every child – head, heart and
ABOUT SCHOOL 21:
• 4 to 18 mixed, inclusive school in the heart of Stratford, Newham
• Cutting edge pedagogy and curriculum
• Small - only 75 children in each year group
• We have plans to set up two new schools in close proximity to School
21 which will give staff more opportunities to grow and develop
• Outstanding career development and exceptional CPD
• Generous TLRs based on experience and skills
• The chance to network with outstanding practitioners and learn from
• Collaborative working across the 4 to 18 school
• Leadership training and development opportunities
• A strong feedback culture so that teachers can develop in areas of their
practice that are important to them
• Every teacher being part of a team/circle that develops strategic